Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The challenge

Okay so here it goes.  We have been living in Lisbon for three years come this August.  I have gained employment, our son is doing well, and my wife loves her job.  However I want to be better at Portuguese, specifically I want to take the DIPLE, which is an acronym for the intermediate level of Portuguese, in November.  The DIPLE is the Portuguese test which corresponds to B2 level.  C1 is more or less fluent but you have a strong accent and you get lost occasionally, with C2 having essentially native skill in the language.  In theory I could take the C2 in May 2013 should the spirit move me.
Now I have been thinking how to get there.  The US State Department estimates that it takes on average between 500-600 hours of instruction for a motivated English speaker to get to this level, or do the math, 15 weeks going full time.  I am embarrassed to say that I am not there yet after three years.
So here it is, my challenge, for the next month, July 20th, I will post a notice in Portuguese every day, complete sentence.  Então, o meu desafio, proximo mês, até vingismo de Julho, vou escrever uma noticia, em português, cada dia em frase completo.   

No comments:

Post a Comment